HEY YOU! Do you find yourself frantically trying to find gifts that are far from typical or straining for new ideas? Well… the clock is ticking as the holidays are right around the corner. Oprah has already come out with her favorite things, but come on, we all can’t afford that $200 bath robe!
So here are some ideas on what you could get the traveler, outdoor junkie, yourself, or really… just any awesome person in your life.
- Apple Watch: Pair with your iPhone and enjoy the convenience of having GPS, text, calls and much more right on your wrist!
Cost: 38mm: $269, 42mm: $299
- Columbia OutDry Down Jacket: Waterproof and warm?! Two of the best combinations we couldn’t live without this fall and winter.
Cost: Womens $250, Mens $250
- Noise Cancelling Wireless Headphones: Perfect for long flights, these wireless headphones are comfortable enough to sleep in.
- BioLite CampStove Bundle: For those who enjoy camping, you can’t go wrong with this easy to cook on and lightweight CampStove.
- YETI Tundra 35: You might think this are overrated but let’s all remember that they are basically a portable, electricity free, mini fridge that can keep food and drinks cold for days (tested by yours truly).
- goTenna: Never get lost in the woods (or the city) again with this handy device that pairs with your smartphone via Bluetooth and allows you to communicate by text message and GPS location to others without cell signal. It also allows you to download maps to any country and use GPS without service.
- Global Entry: For the frequent flyer, having Global Entry will save tons of time while making your way through customs and security in many airports around the world.
Here are some added bonuses:
- Waterproof Rain Jacket: Everyone needs a high quality rain jacket while traveling, hiking, camping, etc. We love our jackets from Columbia because they are waterproof (not just resistant) and seam sealed which guarantees you’ll stay dry!
Cost: Womens $80, Mens $99
- ENO DoubleNest Hammock: Know someone looking to lounge around outside or sleep under a starlit sky? This will be their new bff.
- Day Pack Backpack: A pack that withstands against all odds and fits a ton of gear (or gifts I suppose!).
- Podo Camera: Never use a selfie stick again with this tiny, powerful stick and shoot camera.
Cost: Currently $59, available March 2017
- National Park Pass: Want your ticket into nearly 2,000 federal recreations sites? Simply order a National Park Pass and check out the beauty that is waiting for you to explore!
- Amazon Prime Membership: Nothing like having items shipped and delivered directly to your doorstep within two days; but with added bonuses like hundreds of free movies, TV shows, books to rent and other added perks, Amazon Prime is a no brainer!
Cost: $99/year or $49/year for students
- PackTowl: Quick drying towels that hold 4x their weight in water, these are great for those on the go.
Cost:$10-$35 depending on the size
- Headlamp: Perfect for camping, hiking, and caving. But also terrific for a travel “night light” when staying up late to read a book.
- Superfeet Insoles: Nothing is more frustrating than having sore, aching feet on a trip, hike, or even on the job. Superfeet are made to perform and with a wide variety of insoles you are sure to find relief for any task.
- Cairn Subscription Box: Not sure if any of these gifts fit what you’re looking for? A Cairn Subscription Box will send a random assortment of outdoor gear and goodies every month!
- Fujifilm Instax Camera: Try a unique take on photography that is quirky and fun. This camera will have you wanting to “shake it like a polaroid picture” evvvvveryday.
- SOG Fixed Blade Knife: ‘Cause when trekking, you always need a high quality knife in case of emergencies, for cooking, and more.
- Scratch Travel Journal: A planner and journal that comes with pockets for storing documents and interactive scratch off maps so you can quite literally scratch a place off your never ending list of wanderlust!
- Inflatable Lantern: Compact, eco-friendly, and it provides significant light while camping out, traveling, backpacking, etc.
- LifeStraw Personal Water Filter: Almost everyone has heard of LifeStraw by now but this personal water filter is a must for those who are traveling to areas with possible unclean water.
- REI Lifetime Membership: REI is a great company that offers many spectacular products to their customers. They also have a terrific lifetime membership in which you receive exclusive opportunities like their seasonal garage sales and a 10% dividend on almost all purchases.
- Portable Power Bank: Slightly smaller than an iPhone and incredibly thin. This Lumsing power bank will recharge your cell phone up to six times.
- LUSH Shampoo Bar & Solid Conditioner: Not only do these work well and smell amaaazing, they’re extremely affordable and compact.
- Travel Clothesline: This is an essential item for all travelers when hotel hopping!
- Anywhere Travel Guide: 75 thrilling cards of fun, interactive prompts to get some travel inspiration flowing.
- Zippo Hand Warmer: Easy to use and provides up to 12 hours of flameless heat.
- Roam Wallet: Fun patterns and accommodates nicely for everyday lifestyle. Also stretches enough to hold a passport!
Looking for more gift guides? Check out these below:
Gift Ideas for Travelers -The Savvy Globetrotter
Best Gifts for Eco Travellers -Dan Flying Solo
The Traveller’s Christmas List -Nomads Scrapbook
A Gift Guide for Your Favorite Traveler -Traveling Nine to Fiver
What are some gifts that you’d like to give or receive this holiday season?
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. These come at no cost to you, it just helps keep Pages of Travel running.