What is the Versatile Blogger Award?
Bloggers nominate other bloggers who they believe deserve some recognition for their high quality standard of writing, uniqueness of the bloggers content, passion and love displayed throughout the website and to top it off, amazing photos!
Who Nominated Us?
We received the Versatile Blogger award from our friends Christina & Adam of Our Sweet Adventures. Christina and Adam are a super fun couple who have been to some totally rad places. We are particularly swooning over their European adventures as we’re hoping to backpack Europe in the next few years. Ironically enough, Adam is from St. Louis (where we currently are living) so we have a mutual love and respect for the St. Louis Blues hockey team.
Seven Things You’ll Be Surprised to Know About Us
Quickly capturing photos as we crashed the Avenger’s Premier in Tokyo
- Logan is in medical school studying to become an Optometrist (only one more year left!) and I am a third grade teacher. We currently live in St. Louis, Missouri.
- We once crashed an Avengers Movie Premier in Tokyo. Here we are hanging out in Roppongi and eating some melon pan from a 7 Eleven when we saw some commotion at a nearby mall. We managed to sneak up into the premier (only to be caught later), but we had a rad time doing so! Unfortunately Scarlett Johansson and Robert Downey Jr. were not attending.
- Speaking of Japan, Logan’s grandmother is Japanese which makes him 1/4. He is also the descendent of a Samurai family. Ironically enough, I was fascinated with Japan before we met so naturally we made the decision to go there together. We loved it so much we’ll be heading back for a few months in 2018. This time we’re hoping to visit Logan’s family in Hokkaido and make our way down to Okinawa.
- The first place we ever went together was Australia for the summer of 2011. Logan was going on a mission trip through our college and I was hoping to go to China. My plans fell through and there was an opening on his team so I decided to sign up. Boy was it challenging at times! We were put into some situations that really tested the waters (i.e. food poisoning in Fiji), but it ended up making our relationship much stronger in the end.
- Logan refused to have any pets before we were married due to the responsibility they are. However, eight months into marriage we adopted Bentley (our dog). Don’t worry he loves him so dang much now. 😉
- If we could have ANY super power it would be the ability to speak any language. I mean come on, how handy would that be?
- Something we LOVE to do is make music. We both love to sing and collectively play five instruments (guitar, french horn. flute, piano, and harmonica). We also both enjoy to dancing!
Sarah & Brigette, Hair to There
Sarah and I have become friends quickly since meeting a few months ago and I have LOVED reading her blog. These are easily two of the coolest BFFs you’ll ever meet that are on a mission to visit all seven continents. Not only are their travel blog posts informational, they’re super fun to read!
Lindsay, The Neverending Wanderlust
Lindsay just got back to the USA from South Korea where she taught for nearly 3 years. She has some amazing advice on the places she has visited in Asia as well as Europe (a destination we still have yet to venture). Like Sarah (above) Lindsay and I have become fast friends since virtually meeting and I just know you’ll love her too!
Steve & Jaz, Travel To Blank
These two are such a fun couple and we have looked to them for support, destination advice, and more since meeting. Together they’ve traveled to 37 states and many countries so you’re sure to learn something from these two!
Sudipto, Amogh, & Snigdha, Salt & Sandals
Food and travel, what more could you want? Salt & Sandals has visited many destinations all over the globe to bring you some of the best dining and travel experiences there is to offer!
Steven & Ana, Roads and Pages
This couple met on an online language site, became best friends, then fell in love. Their blog contains reviews of destinations around the world as well as book reviews which is what we think makes their blog rather unique.
Joaquim, The Alternative Ways
Joaquim runs a site that sets him apart from other bloggers.He recently quit his job and now writes about growing your career through travel for those who are interested in growing their career while traveling.
Barbora, Worldwide Blog
Barbora has tons of tips and tricks for those who are starting out as a travel writer as well as posts featuring many worldwide destinations. We especially like that she includes a variety of guest posts from other travelers to share even more experiences.
Vishu & Saumya, Road to Taste
First of all, we love Vishu and Saumya’s love story. But we also love that their passion for traveling the world is exemplified in their travel itineraries, hotel and product reviews, and personal stories.
Nicole, Camping for Women
Camping enthusiast, Nicole started Camping for Women in May 2015 after traveling the world. She wanted to create a place of value for all women campers. Her site is unique because it encourages women campers to contribute articles, stories, photos, to appear globally.
Nominees, Here’s Your Mission:
- Thank your Versatile Blogger Award presenter on your blog and link their site.
- Select 8-15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly that deserve this awesome award. It is best to make sure they accept the award and can nominate 8-15 other bloggers too.
- Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself. Have fun with this and take advantage of the opportunity for your readers to learn more about you!
- Display the Versatile Blogger Award on your blog by including it in your post!